Immanuel Primary is a Early Learning Centre - Year 6 Co-educational School of the Lutheran Church of Australia located on the same campus as Immanuel College. The programs and facilities offer students an exceptional range of options as they pursue the ELC to Year 12.
An Accredited School of the International Baccalaureate
‘The International Baccalaureate Organisation aims to develop inquiring, knowledgeable and caring young people who help to create a better and more peaceful world through intercultural understanding and respect.
To this end the IBO works with schools, governments and international organisations to develop challenging programmes of international education and rigorous assessment.
These programmes encourage students across the world to become active, compassionate and lifelong learners who understand that other people, with their differences, can also be right.’
What is the Primary Years Programme?
The Primary Years Programme (PYP) is designed for students between the ages of 3 and 12 years. It is an international, transdisciplinary programme designed to foster the development of the whole child, not just in the classroom but also through other means of learning. The PYP focuses on the total growth of the developing child, touching hearts as well as minds. It encompasses social, physical, emotional and cultural needs in addition to academic welfare.
The PYP combines the best research and practice from a range of national systems with a wealth of knowledge and experience from international schools to create a relevant and engaging educational framework for all children.
One of the features of the school’s development over the last decade has been the addition of 18 specialist staff. This million dollar plus strategic direction has been completed with the following in mind.
- Strengthening and broadening of the educational opportunities offered to the students.
- Supporting class teachers in meeting identified needs of students.
- Encouraging class teachers to focus on key aspects of the curriculum (literacy, numeracy) as they don’t teach Performing Arts, Physical Education, a second language.
- Building student’s physical, spiritual, social and emotional well being.
- Ensuring a whole school approach to positive behaviours, building student’s resilience and coping with childhood issues.
- Training and underpinning teaching staff’s knowledge of the use of computers and other technologies in the delivering of a dynamic, world class curriculum.
Building Foundations for Life
The key values of love, justice, compassion, forgivness, humility, courage, service, hope and tolerance encouraged by the Church are just as relevant today as they were a century ago. These are values we strive to live by and provide the very foundation for all that we do.
God's Word is at the centre of life at Immanuel and through the Lutheran Church we are connected to a history of education in Australia spanning almost 110 years. There are currently 85 Lutheran Schools across the nation serving more than 33,000 students with 36 schools in South Australia serving 10,000 students. Lutheran Schools were established in Australia in 1840. Immanuel Primary School commenced a the Novar Gardens site in 1970.